The 2019-2020 Yale University Scholarships in USA is currently ongoing. The scholarship is available to all students regardless of country. The Yale University is one of the top best university in United States. It is part of the Ivy League schools. These schools are synonymous with prestige as well as academic excellence. To study in this prestigious institution is a dream come through for many high school students, because studying at Ivy League schools is almost guaranteed success in future. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply now as late applications will not be processed.
About Yale University
It is a private university which was established in 1701 and located in New Haven, Connecticut. It is the oldest university in United States. Originally, Yale was Chartered by the Colonial legislature of Connecticut as the College School and was also held at Killing worth and other locations. The institution was moved to New Haven in 1726 and in 1718, it was renamed Yale College in order to honour a wealthy British merchant and philanthropist, Elihu Yale, who had made a series of donations to the school. Yale’s initial curriculum emphasized classical studies and strict adherence to orthodox Puritanism.
Originally, Yale University was created as a school to educate the clergy but was later changed to reach many other fields of study. Yale have graduated many movable alumni including US Presidents, Supreme Court Justices, Nobel Laureates, and Rhodes Scholars.
The university is ranked very high as a result of its academic excellence. The school is ranked 15 which in by world by top Universities as well as 3rd by the US News. This is. O surprise because the Yale University is very prestigious and has an excellent academic standard.
The admission process in Yale is very competitive and it is among the nation’s most high rated schools in terms of academic and social prestige. It includes Yale College (undergraduate), the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, and 12 professional schools.
2019 Yale University Scholarships In USA
Yale University posts the average scholarship amount for students who have received financial aid. A total of 63% of undergraduate students, including international, received financial aid. As for the graduate scholarships, students are expected to apply to the departments of their choice because funding policies are different for each department. This funding (Graduate) is determined by individual departments, not only the university. While fully funded scholarships are very common for PhD students, hospitalization fellowship as well as annual stipend.
Level of Study: Undergraduate/Masters/PhD Study in: USA
The aim of Yale University scholarships is to cover 100% of the financial need demonstrated by the family. They take into account your parent’s income, assets, and finances to determine your scholarship amount.
The average Yale University scholarships per student are 44.000$, and the median net price a year is 12.000$. However, students whose parents income a year is less than 65.000$ do not pay anything! Therefore, if what your parents earn a year is less than 65.000$, Yale University scholarships cover room, tuition as well as board!
TOEFL scores of at least the following:
- 100 on the internet-based TOEFL
- 600 on the paper-based TOEFL
- 250 on the computer-based TOEFL
- Must have an IELTS scores of 7 or higher and Pearson Test scores of 70 or higher.
To be eligible for Yale University Scholarships, the following criteria must be fulfilled:
- You must have received or are qualified to receive an ACT or SAT testing fee waiver.
- Unless you are enrolled in or qualified to participate in the Federal Free or Reduced Price Lunch program (FRPL).
- If your annual family income falls within the Income Eligibility Guidelines set by the USDA Food and Nutrition Service.
- Unless you are enrolled in a federal program, state, or local program that assists students who are from low-income families (e.g., TRIO programs such as Upward Bound).
- Your family receives public assistance.
- If you are homeless, live in a federally subsidized public housing or a foster home.
- If you are an orphan or a ward of the state.
- You are required to provide a supporting statement either from a community leader, a college access counselor, school official or a financial aid officer.
Mode of application is online. Please visit the school webpage and follow the necessary instructions. The following are required:
- $80 Application Fee or Fee Waiver
- Two Teacher Recommendations
- Counselor Recommendation and School Report (including transcript)
- Standardized Testing Results
- Mid-Year Report
- Final Report
November 1, 2019/January 2, 2020. Institution(s): Yale University